Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Students on teaching Creationism in school


This is actually pretty scary. From a roundtable of high school students about Evolution and Creationism. Read the whole thing to see the range of opinions (and misunderstandings). There are silver linings, sure, but we have a loooong way to go.

I like Tom - he did his homework. Tara's words strike me as something we should carefully examine:
I think that it is very sad when people can't believe in something without proof, and I myself have to have that faith. If I believed that I evolved from a monkey and that there wasn't a God that created me, I don't know if I could go on.
We are dealing here with extreme emotional dependence on myth and a disdain for reality - the "mere mortal stuff", like proof.
(Hat-tip: Education Wonks)

posted by Bora Zivkovic @ 9:37 AM | permalink | (0 comments) | Post a Comment | permalink