* Misconduct claim fuels clash of "wrist-walker" researchers:
The already bizarre case of a syndrome whose victims walk on all fours has taken a surprise turn.
* Redrawn 'tree of life' favors hot-origins theory:
A newly detailed map of evolutionary relationships suggests the ancestor of all life forms dwelt somewhere hot, researchers say.
* How mega-vortices form: energy theft, researchers find:
Energetic swirling structures, vortices, often form where fluids flow irregularly or turbulently.
* Molecule blamed for "scar" in brains of the depressed:
Using mice, researchers say they may have found molecules related to a psychological "scar" that haunts depressed people.
* Chimps cooperate strategically, study suggests:
Chimps can assess how and when to work together, researchers say.
* Science in images:
Japanese researchers announced this month they had used lasers to create arrays of dots of light floating in air.