Sunday, February 12, 2006

On Lakoff


I have written quite a lot of posts that are losely based on, or building upon, or critiquing the Conservative-Liberal model of political psychology by George Lakoff.

Author of this post: How People Think, Why They Think, and If There is Anything to Think About, contacted me a couple of days ago and asked me for comment.

I have been swamped with Real Life these days, focusing whatever time I had for blogging on science, and not being really into Lakoff or really any political blogging too much these days. My response to that post would take a couple of days to write, mostly repetitions from my old posts, and I just cannot make myself do it.

It is an interesting and different perspective he puts forward, a critique of Lakoff from a different angle. Needless to say, I disagree with many points, but this is not a typical Wingnut rant nor a typical Progressive misunderstanding of framing - it is a thoughtfull and well-written post, so I encourage everyone to go there and debate politely in the comments section.

posted by Bora Zivkovic @ 2:47 PM | permalink | (0 comments) | Post a Comment | permalink