Sunday, February 12, 2006

Are you teaching in college AND you are a blogger?


This is a call for submissions for the sixth edition of the Teaching Carnival that I will be hosting here on February 15th, 2006. Unlike Carnival of Education which covers all aspects of teaching at all levels, this one is focused on Higher Ed.

As a lot of science bloggers read my blog and a certain proportion of them teach at the University level, I hope to strengthen the science section of the carnival next month. Hopefully some of my neighbors, the North Carolina bloggers, will see this post and contribute their posts, too. Also, posts about higher ed from students' perspective are welcome. English-language posts only, please.

There are a couple of different ways to submit your entries. The easiest, most direct way is to e-mail me the Permalink at:
Coturnix1 AT aol DOT com.
You'll get a thank-you note and thus be sure that I have received it.

You can also try to submit via the submission form at Blogcarnival.com, but I do not know who will receieve it and if it is guaranteed I will get it on time.

The best way to submit, the way favoured by the folks running this carnival, is to tag your posts with the teaching-carnival tag. If you do not know how to tag a post, you can go here for an explanation and the exact code.

I will, starting about tomorrow and ending about two hours before posting the carnival, search the del.icio.us tags, Technorati tags and Technorati search for posts written and tagged since the last edition went up on January 15th, 2006.

Also, feel free to recommend other bloggers' posts to me to the above e-mail address. You can check the previous editions of the Teaching Carnival in the archives on the sidebar of the carnival homepage.

I will move this post to the top every now and then as a reminder to all of you to write and submit a post dealing with college teaching!

technorati tag:


posted by Bora Zivkovic @ 3:28 PM | permalink | (5 comments) | Post a Comment | permalink