* A molecule that won't sit still:
Chemists say they have finally figured out the shape of a molecule whose furious jiggling thwarted past attempts to study it.
* Skepticism greets claim of possible alien microbes:
A paper to appear in a scientific journal is raising eyebrows by claiming a strange red rain might have recently dumped cells from space onto Earth.
* Thriving under our noses, stealthily - coyotes:
Major U.S. cities are full of coyotes, and the people don't even know it, a study has found. And the much-maligned dog relatives may be quietly helping us.
* Galaxy's spiral arm found to be closer than thought:
Astronomers have recalculated the distance to a nearby arm of our Milky Way galaxy.
* First baby reported born from frozen commercial egg bank:
Wendy and Jared Kennedy's daughter, Avery Lee, came into the world in the early morning of Dec. 31.