Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Science Blogs


Wow! Big news in science blogging.

About a dozen of the best science bloggers, including PZ Myers (Pharyngula), Chris Mooney (Intersection), Dr. Free-Ride (Adventures in Ethics and Science), Tim Lambert (Deltoid), Timothy McDougald (Afarensis), Tara Smith (Aetiology), Hedwig The Owl (Living the Scientific Life), Greta and Dave Munger (Cognitive Daily), RPM (evolgen), John Lynch (Stranger Fruit), Ed Brayton (Dispatches from the Culture Wars), etc. are (apparently) abandoning their individual blogs and joining the Science Blogs.

It is hosted by Seed Magazine. Go there, look around and BOOKMARK that site, blogroll it and put it in your feed - that will be your one-stop shopping for science blogging.

At first I thought - Hey, I should apply to join this group. But then I thought about it a bit more and decided...no. This blog has a pretty small proportion of science-related posts and I want to blog about whatever comes to my mind. I want my independence, and my readers, and I don't want to be in a place where I'll get thousands of people reading every day, as that would make me feel like I HAVE to post something smart every day. I may move to another platform in the future, but I will keep it independent for now. I also do not know what the conditions of service are, i.e., how much cross-posting, how much non-science posting is allowed, etc.

And, I have different plans for Circadiana for this year. I think it is enough that my blogs are on blogrolls of most blogs featured on Science Blogs. That should be enough for my needs and wants.

posted by Bora Zivkovic @ 9:13 PM | permalink | (8 comments) | Post a Comment | permalink