Friday, January 06, 2006

Merry Christmas


I know it's been a while, but I still feel like Christmas here is celebrated two weeks too early. Many of my neighbors have already trashed their Christmas trees, although Christmas is really tomorrow, if you ask a large percentage of Christians worldwide.

Back in Yugoslavia, we always tried to remember that ONE friend of ours who celebrated Christmas on December 25th, or what people there call "Catholic Christmas", term used to denote also whatever grew out of Catholicism at some point in history (like Protestantism), or whatever is not Orthodox - in other words, "that new stuff".

I used to celebrate New Year instead, thank you. With New Year's presents under a New Year's tree, placed their by Grandfather Frost. Sending New Year's cards to friends and family. Although, every year we do less and less....this year sleeping right through midnight (I think that was a lifelong first for me - I am up after midnight every day anyway).

So, to my Orthodox readers, Merry Christmas. I'll spend it all day tomorrow at the Podcastercon.

posted by Bora Zivkovic @ 10:25 PM | permalink | (2 comments) | Post a Comment | permalink