Saturday, December 17, 2005

Institutionalized


Yesterday I received my pre-print copy of Institutionalized by Fred Smith and Joe Schmoe (you can see their homepage here, but you cannot order through it - hit the previous link, and if you buy something I'll get a couple of pennies, too). I am ssuming the publishers found me through this blog and offered me a free copy, so, sucker for books as I am, I agreed. In return, they get free advertising from me (voluntary - they did not ask) which is, so far, not negative....

I am looking forward to reading a book with reviews like these on the back-cover:

"I HATED IT!"
Suzy Wetflower, BSU Business Review

"It's the worst piece of junk to come onto the market in 50 years."
Bobby Sludgeworm, New York Mail

"The writers should be taken out and shot to put us all out of our misery."
Bradley Sleeswart, Fibbes

"Ranks right up there with Construction Machinery's Annual Maintenance Almanac."
Adam Preston, Akron Today

"Trash it, burn it, but please don't recycle it."
Dan Butler, Transparency Protest Group

"Jack Squelch is in no way connected with this book and will sue anyone who says different."
Wallace, Albertini, Leroy, Donoghue & Rev.Brother Ben

"Actually, I thought it was quite nice."
Peter Duckworth, Unemployment Recipient, Surrey, UK

I think Peter Duckworth is onto something here.... It may take me a while to get to it, but I have a feeling it will be an enjoyable and fun read. I will certainly post my review here once I finish it.

posted by Bora Zivkovic @ 3:29 AM | permalink | (1 comments) | Post a Comment | permalink