Sunday, December 04, 2005

2005 Weblog Awards


Wizbang is starting 2005 Weblog Awards tomorrow. As expected, there are lots of Right, and even Batshit-Crazy-Extreme-Right blogs there, so we should try to help out our reality-based brethren by voting regularly. You can vote once every 24 hours, so you don't have to pick just one blog, just one at the time. Ten days, ten votes. Here are some of my picks:

Best Blog: it's a difficult choice between Talking Points Memo, Eschaton, Daily Kos or Political Animal. I'll probably rotate these over the duration of the voting.

Best New Blog: tough choice between two of my favourite bloggers, Respectful Insolence or The Countess. Five votes each?

Best Group Blog: I'll vote for Pandagon every day for eight days. Perhaps I'll hit TPM Cafe and MyDD once, too.

Best Humor/Comics Blog: I'll hit Jesus General hard, but also give a vote or two to Fafblog.

Best Liberal Blog: Except for Wonkette, who I have no idea how she made it to this list, all are good. I think I'll mainly vote for Bitch, PhD, with some extra votes for Feministe and Rox Populi.

Best Conservative Blog: I don't think I'll vote for anyone. I don't know them well enough, and I am sure I do not like any of them. Anyone of them strongly attacking Intelligent Design Creationism?

Best Media/Journalist Blog: The best ones are missing from this list. I'll probably go with Romenesko (Poynter Online) most of the time. Perhaps a vote for James Wolcott and Jim Jarvis (BuzzMachine), once each.

Best LGBT Blog: Pam's House Blend every day.

Best Video Blog: Crooks and Liars, perhaps one vote for Rocketboom.

Best Parenting Blog: Perhaps a vote for One Happy Dog Speaks on days when I am not feeling lazy.

Best European Blog (non-UK): Fistful of Euros (where are the Balkans folks?)

Best Australia or New Zealand Blog: Deltoid, perhaps a couple for John Quiggin.

Best of the Top 250 Blogs (according to TTLB - before or after the changes in code?): Hullabaloo, Firedoglake and Orcinus, three each, and one for Making Light.

Best of the Top 251 - 500 Blogs: ten votes for Michael Berube.

Best of the Top 501 - 1000 Blogs: all for Needlenose.

Best of the Top 1001 - 1750 Blogs: I think I'll go with Language Log.

Best of the Top 1751 - 2500 Blogs: I think I'll have some fun and mess up the others by voting for the Eros Blog.

Best of the Top 2501 - 3500 Blogs: I don't know anyone on the list.

Best of the Top 3501 - 5000 Blogs: Evolution - nextstep is a RINO and a staunch defender of evolution, so perhaps I'll give him some votes.

Best of the Top 5001 - 6750 Blogs: I don't know anyone on the list.

Best of the Top 6751 - 8750 Blogs: I don't know anyone on the list.

Best Of The Rest (8501+): I don't know anyone on the list.

Best Technology Blog: I don't care. Best Culture/Gossip Blog: I don't care. Best Sports Blog: I don't care. Best Photo Blog: I don't know any of the finalists. Best Military Blog: I don't care. Best Blog Design: I don't care. Best Podcast: I don't know any of the finalists. Best Religious Blog: I don't care. Best Law Blog: the only one I know and like is Legal Fiction which is not a finalist. Best Business Blog: I don't care. Best Canadian Blog: I don't know any of the finalists. Best UK Blog: I am vaguely familiar with a couple of them - not enough to vote. Best Asian Blog: I don't know any of the finalists. Best Middle East or Africa Blog: I don't know any of the finalists. Best Latino, Caribbean, or South American Blog: I don't know any of the finalists.

Now, go and vote. The Flash-media polls should show up any minute now.

And remember, this is just a warm-up before the real deal - the Kaufax Awards, starting very soon....

posted by Bora Zivkovic @ 11:14 PM | permalink | (2 comments) | Post a Comment | permalink