Signs You're Having Thanksgiving Dinner with a Geek (thanks Melissa):
11. Dark meat is separated from white meat using a light probe.
10. Everyone mentions broadband, Linux or dual-core processors in their "I am thankful for..." speech.
9. A round of Counter-Strike: Source determines who gets to carve the turkey.
8. House decorated with plush microbes to celebrate the pilgrims bringing diseases to the new world.
7. Someone constantly keeps saying "The pilgrims had coffee, didn't they?"
6. Plates have a heatsink attached to them so you don't burn your mouth.
5. The cranberries are caffeinated.
4. Whipped cream for the pumpkin pie made with Dremel.
3. Three words: Lego gravy boat.
2. Pilgrim decorations have red hats instead of black ones.
1. The turkey is given the opportunity for a saving throw before being butchered.
Which one made YOU laugh the most? I laughed at #4 the most...don't ask...
I've also seen a comment on a blog recently (sorry, cannot remember where) with a paleontologist blessing (paraphrase): "Thanks for the meteor that fell on Earth 65 million years ago, as without it we would not be eating a turkey today - the turkey would be eating us".