Sunday, November 20, 2005

Blogger's Curiosity Chest


I think every new blogger should be familiar with some of the blogs that are just, let's say, strange. They are part of the lore of the blogosphere, so, even if you don't like them, you should be aware of their existence for the sake of not getting embarassed at the next Blogger meetup.

For instance, there are Blogs Written by Animals. Which one do you like the best?

Hedgical Trevor
The Japing Ape
Ferdinand the Conservative Cat

Do you know any others?

Then, there are Impersonator's blogs. The target may be long dead, or a currently floodlit public figure. Do you like any of these?

Franz Kafka
Samuel Pepys
T.H.Huxley (a spoof of Dembski' blog)
Tom DeLay
Harriet Miers
Samuel Alito

Then, PhaWRONGula is a spoof mirror site of Pharyngula.

Then, of course, there are Celebrity blogs:

Rosie O'Donnell would be fun if written in Standard English.
Barbra Streisand barely qualifies as a blog as there are no comments.

Any others?

There are several Blogs written by Science Fiction Writers. I am aware of these:

David Brin
Greg Bear
Ken MacLeod
Robert Sawyer
Cory Doctorow
William Gibson
C.J.Cherryh
Bruce Sterling

Any others?

How about other fiction writers? I am aware only of Sarah Dessen's Journal. She is a very popular and good writer of teenage literature. I've read a couple of her books and liked them a lot. She also has a regular website.

Any others?

There used to be, but I cannot find it any more, a blog called, if I remember correctly, "Boring Blog". The entries (each garnering hundreds of comments) were short and each read something like this (paraphrasing from memory):
"I detected an itch on my chin, so I lifted my right hand and scratched it"
"I thought it was dark in the room, so I switched on the light"
"My left arm was getting uncomfortable so I moved it to a different position", and so on. Can anyone find it, anywhere, perhaps cached? It's a hoot! I hope your blog does not sound like this!

I am wondering how many of the above blogs are actually written by Bloggy....

posted by Bora Zivkovic @ 11:05 PM | permalink | (4 comments) | Post a Comment | permalink