Thursday, April 21, 2005

What to do this weekend in the Triangle?


There is an embarassment of riches in the Triangle this week.

First, it is Passover, starting on Saturday at sundown, time for matzo-ball soup, horseradish, haroseth and Manishewitz wine and of course spending time with one's family and friends reading a Haggadah I put together a few years back that can best be described as Feminist Environmentalist Secular Humanist Pinko-Commie Haggadah. We are not going to miss hosting it this year - our house was still a mess after the move last year so we had to sk ip a year.

Then, there is a Hunter/Jumper horse show all weekend at the Fairgrounds in Raleigh. Unfortunately, no way I can make it.

Then, there is this exciting Philosophy of Biology Conference at Duke over the weekend on niche-construction, cultural evolution and the evolution of he mind. I'll try to make it on Saturday morning and all day Sunday if I can.

Tomorrow night (FRIDAY, APRIL 22, 7:00 p.m.) Mark O'Connell will discuss his i mportant new book, THE GOOD FATHER: ON MEN, MASCULINITY, AND LIFE IN THE FAMILY at Quail Ridge Books in Raleigh. I have posted about some of his stuff before and O'Connel actually came to my blog and responded "in person" a couple of times. I'd like to meet him in person (for real), so I'll do my best to have the house clean for Pesach in time to make it to this event....

Generation Engage has its inaugural event with Cate Edwards and Chelsea Clinton (see my previous post for more details) on SAT 4/23. 5:45 - 8pm. I'll have to miss this, of course, as I will be starting on my first (of five) cups of wine about that time.

And of course, there will be a new Tar Heel Tavern coming out this weekend...

Busy Busy!!!

posted by Bora Zivkovic @ 6:26 PM | permalink | (1 comments) | Post a Comment | permalink