Wednesday, February 01, 2006

AOL Mail problems - need help


My public e-mail is on AOL and I cannot get into it. I get this message:
The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
I am collecting entries for Grand Rounds, checking comments as they come in, etc. and have not been able to get into my mailbox for a few hours now. I have no problem logging in the AOL homepage, or any other page on the Web. I have cleared all the coookies, and the cache and it makes no difference. Does anyone know more about this or what I can do to fix it?

Update: I just tried something: I can open it easily in the hated IE. So, it is a Firefox thing. What could have happened? I thnk FF got an automatic update today - does anyone know anything about it?

Update 2: Apparently the glitch was universal, i.e., affecting everybody, so the AOL (or was it FF) people fixed it, as of a minute ago.

posted by Bora Zivkovic @ 9:06 PM | permalink | (7 comments) | Post a Comment | permalink